The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC), through the Uganda Communications Universal Service Access Fund (UCUSAF), has launched a call for business plan proposals to implement key activities relating to the skilling of youths in multimedia production to foster innovation and creativity in local content and create jobs in the creative cultural industries.
UCC/UCUSAF seeks to collaborate with a suitably qualified stakeholder or consortium of stakeholders with the requisite qualifications, resources, competencies, and experience to implement initiatives aimed at addressing some of the challenges faced by the youth, especially unemployment.
The general objective of the project is to develop the capacity of youth to adopt ICT tools and applications in multimedia content production and related business processes, and thereby stimulate their creativity, innovation, productivity, and competitiveness in national and international markets.
- To introduce the youths to readily available tools and equipment and give them practical training in using them for multimedia/content production.
- To educate the beneficiaries on the opportunities of ICT in the multimedia creative sector and demonstrate to them how they can harness such for their livelihoods
- To transform the youths’ potential, creativity, talents, initiative, and social responsibility through the acquisition of practical and relevant ICT skills and related knowledge in the creative sector
- To give specialized multimedia development training to the youths and certificates proving their skills and formal training undertaken upon successful completion.
- Develop training content, customized in local languages, where possible.
- Train a total of 100 youths in each of the six districts of Gulu, Lira, Pader, Agago, Apac, and Agago who meet prerequisite minimum skills requirements.
- Youths who meet set criteria shall proceed to enroll for courses in Multimedia content creation and production.
- Monitor and follow-up trainees.
This initiative targets youth groups with interest in multimedia content creation, production, the creative arts, and those engaged in the entertainment business.
Preference will be given to applicants whose business plan proposals highlight the following:
- Demonstrate clear understanding and experience in dealing with youth training and capacity enhancement.
- Entities that have qualified human resources in-house with ability to implement the proposed project within the proposed timeframe
- Proposals that provide for greater innovations in execution of the project actions in remote and challenging environments
- Clear contribution from the applicant over and above the grant amount.
The grant application is open from 7th Dec to 29th Dec 2022.
A Pre – grant Application meeting will be held on-line on 14th Dec 2022 at 9.00am. Participants should register in advance for this meeting:
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
For further details on the grant application process, please visit https://www.ucc.co.ug/call-for-business-plan-proposals-for-the-uccucusaf-grant-for-skilling-youth-groups-in-icts-and-multimedia/ or contact email email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org.